Patrice examines some of the problems for Australian farming including:
- The neglect and abuse of land by farmers
- Degradation of the soil over time, and its impact on the food we eat
- The shrinking, unskilled labour force of short-term workers, and how this affects productivity on the farm
- Depressive illnesses and isolation, suicides and tough times amongst farmers
- How governments have misdirected drought funding
- The chemical industry’s stranglehold on farmers, and why we need to stop our chemical addiction
Part love song to a life on the farm, and part passionate appeal, Who’s Minding the Farm will make you think differently about what we consume and the damage it reaps on the land.